Third-party logistics providers (3PLs) like Hanson Logistics continue to make significant inroads in improving and modernizing logistics. With new products, safety regulations, and quality standards being introduced all the time, 3PLs give careful consideration to the challenges and opportunities associated with shipping and distributing temperature-sensitive products. Here are five ways that these providers are modernizing cold chain logistics right now:?
- Conducting thorough risk assessments on an ongoing basis. It?s no longer enough for a shipper to send out products in hopes that they will be handled properly on the way to their final destination. By helping customers identify potential points of weakness in the transportation or distribution process, 3PLs are playing an increasingly important role in companies? overall risk assessment strategies.?
- Leveraging technology to streamline the supply chain. It?s no secret that the greater the number of touch points there are along the cold supply chain, the higher the risk of failure occurring at one or more of those points. By using technology to improve supply chain visibility and develop transparent tracking and accurate forecasts, 3PLs can simplify the distribution process and ensure expedient, uninterrupted service for end customers.
- Adhering to stricter and stricter safety codes. Food, beverage, and pharmaceutical manufacturers must follow precise guidelines when making, storing, transporting, and delivering their products. Top 3PLs understand all of the rules associated with these requirements and are helping their customers adhere to these strict safety codes and regulations.
- Extensive training on advanced systems and solutions. The best technology in the world is useless if no one knows how to use it and maximize it. By training staff members on proper software and application use, and by maintaining in-house teams to run and maintain their systems, 3PLs are leveraging cold chain-specific systems such as advanced monitoring, temperature control, and humidity control to manage the wide variety of items that are transported daily.
- Providing the quality and consistency that manufacturers require. In some industries, speedy delivery is a top priority. For others, it?s the safe handling of high-value goods. Within the cold chain, shippers want consistency and quality ? two measures that they can rely on when working with a 3PL like Hanson Logistics. Accustomed to working with sophisticated products that require an extreme level of detail and care, we help customers attain higher standards while delivering what they want most: consistency and reliability.